 Technic / 15870
    NXT's in Series —Duane Hess
   OK, I've scoured the 'net for a good 90 seconds and can't find what I'm looking for. Here's what I'm trying to do: I have an application where I need at least four different outputs. The NXT only has three. Is there a way that I can easily chain two (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: NXT's in Series —Brian Davis
     [Cross-posted to lugnet.robotics as it's on-topic there] (...) There's no absolutely transparent way to make a program running on one NXT address the sensor or motor ports of a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) NXT. However, a lot of solutions to this problem (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: NXT's in Series —Johan™Strandberg
      I suspect that with the proper software (and maybe a special cable), the I2C protocol can be used to network between NXT controllers. I2C is a multi master bus with collision detection, so it "should" work. It's just a SMOP [Small Matter of (...) (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: NXT's in Series —Steve Hassenplug
     (...) pbLua supports communication over the RS485(?) port. That's sensor port 4. Using that port, you can connect several NXTs together. You just need a cable that connects to several ports. Steve (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: NXT's in Series —Christian Mock
     (...) Yes this works fine, just using a normal sensorcable ! Another simple out of the box solution is: first Master NXT connects to other remote pbLUa consoles by bluetooth.... The master can send Lua commands directly to remote NXT and is able to (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NXT's in Series —John Hansen
   (...) Here's one way: Use NXC or NBC. Pair a secondary NXT to a the primary NXT on connection 1 using the menu system on the primary NXT. Control the outputs on the secondary NXT using RemoteSetOutputState in a program running on the primary NXT. (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.nxt)