 Technic / 15831
Re: Two New GBC Modules..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2007 16:37:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jean-Marc Nimal wrote:
   Great stuff,

I also like the wave very much, the movement is really smooth. I’ve wanted to do something like that for a while, but I’m still unsure how to drive the movement... how did you do it? You seem to use 3-way blades, am I correct in assuming that the steps are not actually attached to these, but are simply coing down from their own weight? Do you use anything as lubrification?

The spiral is quite addictive too - simple yet elegant movement

It’s actually pully wheels. The original idea came from here, the one I made is longer.

This is how the pullys are attached. Since there was no room two join the two drive axles, the pulleys are also used to hold them together. Piece 41677 is on the end to turn the pullys with the axle. I don’t use any lubricant, the walls just need to be pushed outward slightly. This leaves *just* over two studs for the columns to move in.

-Kevin