 Technic / 15556
    Re: Chipper —Robert G Fay
    "Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JDBAE3.Fq6@lugnet.com... (...) Looks like you are making some real progress on this machine. I like your design for the safety clutch and shut-down. I don't quite follow the chipper (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Chipper —Nathan Bell
   (...) Thanks Bob! Sorry if the design is vague. The back/top edge of the window piece has the sharpest (Lego) edge I could find, considering that the chips in a real chipper are supposed to be forced behind the blade and through the rotating wheel. (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Chipper —Robert G Fay
    "Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JDD2oE.JA0@lugnet.com... (...) Hi Nathan, I did some Googleing and realized that chippers come in many configurations. My image was a very large unit hauled behind a dump truck. Yours (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Chipper —Nathan Bell
   (...) Your website is very interesting- lots of machines that are not commonly built out of Legos such as the milling machine. The chipper will be configured like a large unit pulled behind a dump truck. The pics are just ideas shown in 3 modules. (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Chipper —Robert G Fay
    "Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JDEyFG.A2x@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for the link to your Dump Truck. That is beautiful! The attention to detail from the pirate to the mud flaps is just perfect. The air pumps are so (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Chipper —Robert G Fay
    "Bob Fay" <rgfay@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:JDFBzs.7tD@lugnet.com... (...) Here is a link to a chipper that is the most familiar to me. Worked on my neighbors once. His help tried to run palm fronds through it. That does not work well. (...) (17 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Chipper —Nathan Bell
   (...) Thanks for the link and the comments on the dump truck. Mine will hopefully have a straight path rather than diagonal, but that is the basic configuration. The stationary cylinder in the pics that you may be refering to is a shock absorber (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)