 Technic / 15562
Re: Chipper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:09:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Robert G Fay wrote:

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:JDD2oE.JA0@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Robert G Fay wrote:

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:JDBAE3.Fq6@lugnet.com...
Snyders and Hannover may be getting a new consumer!

(No more band-aids required)

Hi Nathan,

   I did some Googleing and realized that chippers come in many
configurations. My image was a very large unit hauled behind a dump truck.
Yours makes more sense to me now. You may have to complete your machine and
then engineer the "wood" that you will be chipping. My machines used cheese,
bread, sidewalk chalk, and wax candles. I spent more time preparing bread
than creating the machine. Many think it was burnt toast, but it was
hardened in the microwave, sun dried and painted black for contrast. Good
luck! Keep posting your progress.

Bob

Your website is very interesting- lots of machines that are not commonly built
out of Legos such as the milling machine.

The chipper will be configured like a large unit pulled behind a dump truck.
The pics are just ideas shown in 3 modules.  They will be heavily modified and
squeezed into a chipper body along with the motor and battery box.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=151259.

This all may take a long time to do, considering my schedule at work and the
fact that the dump truck needs a hitch to fit the chipper, a  full suspension, a
more realisitc gate locking system, and possibly an electric motor to pull it
and the chipper.  Lord willing the chipper should get done this year, but if it
takes longer it will just mean more fun!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like!

Nathan