 Technic / 14920
Re: Adaptor(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:58:30 GMT

Danny Staple <orionrobots@gmail.com> wrote:

I think what you missed was the possibility to attach more advanced
and interesting sensors.

   No, I understand that - for instance, AFOL's have had compass, IR,
Ultrasound, differential light and IR sensors, etc., for quite some time now.
Including the rectifier etc. hasn't seemed to be very much of a problem, in
terms of size or cost, so I don't see why you want to do this in a seperate
module. Since the connection to the RCX itself is polarity ambiguous, every
sensor hooked up will need such a "rectifier box", (meaning you need up to
three, one for each RCX input), significantly bulking up the electronics volume
needed (sensor+rectifier in one package is bound to be smaller than sensor in
one package + rectifier in a seperate enclosure).

I am sure I could think of many more custom sensors that I
would want to build and eventually mount.

   I can too - but using my soldering iron around a running two-year-old isn't
something I've wanted to try yet ;-).

--
Brian Davis