 Robotics / 24565
Re: Adaptor(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:07:31 GMT

I would love a way to mount other mCUs, as the 3 RCXs, and batteries
to support them to get some of the same functionality can be very
heavy and bulky.

I agree with a standard electrical connector - I actually had an idea
for a more advanced Lego electrical connector anyway. How about Lego
providing a standard module for connecting active sensors to the RCX -
one that contains the Diode Bridge and filter circuits?

What I also always wanted (not quite non-Lego), was large panels
(studless - pin mounted), preferrable made of sheet aluminium with the
studless connectors around the edges - made in standard Lego
dimensions. The sheet would be thin-ish, and then bulked up for the
connectors. This would allow me to use it in far more interesting
ways, especially if curves and such were also provided - quarter turns
for example, with a standard Lego unit radius...

--
Danny Staple MBCS
OrionRobots