 Robotics / 24573
Re: Adaptor(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:00:06 GMT

Danny, and others,
Try <http://www.mindsensors.com>  especially
<http://www.mindsensors.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=23>

I think that might be what you are looking for, or at
least close.

--- danny staple <orionrobots@gmail.com> wrote:

I would love a way to mount other mCUs, as the 3
RCXs, and batteries
to support them to get some of the same
functionality can be very
heavy and bulky.

I agree with a standard electrical connector - I
actually had an idea
for a more advanced Lego electrical connector
anyway. How about Lego
providing a standard module for connecting active
sensors to the RCX -
one that contains the Diode Bridge and filter
circuits?

What I also always wanted (not quite non-Lego), was
large panels
(studless - pin mounted), preferrable made of sheet
aluminium with the
studless connectors around the edges - made in
standard Lego
dimensions. The sheet would be thin-ish, and then
bulked up for the
connectors. This would allow me to use it in far
more interesting
ways, especially if curves and such were also
provided - quarter turns
for example, with a standard Lego unit radius...

--
Danny Staple MBCS
OrionRobots