 Technic / 14712
Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:00:23 GMT

Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Hi Chris,

  If you just leave the motor on without pressing the red button does it also
stop?

  The battery boxes have a built in current limiter that will stop current flow
if you are drawing too much power.  Could that be the problem?

Kev

no,

this problem is more sinister,

in my experiments, I only had one unloaded motor directly connected to
the battery box.

I do not feel using this simple set up, i overloaded the limiter.

And to answer your first question YES, under normal operation, the
battery box functions as per spec.

LMK if you discover the same things.

Curiouser and Curiouser

Thanks.

Chris

PS. where is the "current limiter"  I've looked at the "guts" and only
see steel bars.