 Technic / 14707
14706  |  14708
Subject:
9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 02:40:07 GMT

At the last robot contest, I discovered that if I press down on either
side of the battery box red switch, the power stops.

It is hard to put into words.

If you hook up a motor to this battery box:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2847c01

and press the red button, the motor spins.

if you continue to apply pressure to that switch, the motor stops.

I've seen this now on 2 of my battery boxes.  Anyone else have this
problem, and know why?

I have taken apart one box, and I just cant see why this effect occurs.
  All that happens is that the button presss a bit of sprung steel into
a common bar. I dont understand why additional pressure stops it.

Thanks

Chris