 Technic / 1452
Re: Alternate Sources for Pneumatic Tubing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 20:50:00 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Lars Gertsen writes:
Hello,

I have just subscribed to this newsgroup therefore this
late answer.

William M Leue wrote:
Has anyone located a source or specifications (material, ID, OD) for the
Lego pneumatic tubing? I find that the lengths provided with the standard
sets is inadequate for some of the models I am building, and I find Pitsco
prices a little daunting.....

1/8 ID Vinal (sp) tubing is available here in Canada often in the plumbing
section of the hardware store, cost is .17/ft.  It is not as good a fit as the
lego tubing, but it has the advantage of being cheap.

If your hardware store does not carry it, ask if they can order in a drum of
500 ft, it wouldn't be too expensive ($85 for the drum...however, you should be
able to get it cheaper if you buy the whole drum)

The nominal OD of the lego barbs is 1/8"

James Powell