 Technic / 1399
Re: micro motor jam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:41:46 GMT

Ralph Hempel wrote:

...Ther is
a little thermal cutoff that you can actually hear clicking when
the motor is overloaded. It might take a few seconds to reset.

When I took a jammed micromotor apart, I could not find any thermal
cutoff circuitry at all.  What I did find was that the internal gears
use very small teeth, but there was enough freeplay in the gears'
rotational axis that it was easy to get the gears misaligned (therefore
jamming them).  I guess LEGO had to make a compromise between small size
and reliability.

--
Cheers,
Henry C.