 Technic / 1398
RE: micro motor jam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:47:12 GMT

  Anyone notice a problem with the little red motors jamming?  Working on a
project of mine, I found that if it runs one way, until it cannot move any
more, it can't back up either - I have to push it manually, then it can move
again.  Is it just me?  did anyone else notice this?  and is there a way to
avoid it?

Yep. It's a common problem. I have 3 of them and they all tend to fail
this way. Be careful that you don't actually JAM the motor. Ther is
a little thermal cutoff that you can actually hear clicking when
the motor is overloaded. It might take a few seconds to reset.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com