 Technic / 13889
13888  |  13890
Subject:
Sizing for to-scale large vehicles??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 05:31:49 GMT

Hi guys,

I have started building a 1:16 model of the Orion VII transit bus (something I have not seen done so far).

I took the dimensions data from the Orion Bus site, calculated the scaled dimensions in studs as so:

Length
   94 studs (75cm)
   Wheelbase
   56 studs

Height
   22 bricks
   Front overhang
   17 studs

Width
   20 studs
   Rear overhang
   23 studs

Floor height
   2 2/3 bricks (That’s low floor!)

Then I built a frame to approximate the dimensions given (94 studs, about 75cm), spaced things out accordingly, but it ends up looking like the wheelbase is too long.

Am I missing something in my calculations? And how do you guys that have built 1:13 trucks before, determine the size of your models?

Any help is appreciated.

Keith