 Technic / 13233
  New pics

New pics of the telehandler are available. Are they satisfactory? The Bimba piston fits well, except there is so much weight while under load that the crab steering does not work very well. Eventually the boom will need more height. The tractor (...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I6rIn0.qMs@lugnet.com... (...) I like the way the pneumatic hoses on the boom fold away. Also, is that caterpillar tracks wrapped round the tyres? Jennifer (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) Hi Jennifer. Yes, they are caterpillar tracks. The 8880 tires were not the correct shape to be telehandler tires, and wrapping the tracks around them was the only way to make them taller and narrower. I think real ones are 4-5ft in diameter. I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) What are those round tubes that you connect pneumatic hoses to to extend them? I don't recognize the piece... >> Mark (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) They are pneumatic lines. You might actually have some, depending on what sets you have. They can be used as bars, tubes for flex cables or just decoration. (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) The 45982 tire (the big ones on the Backhoe) seems to be the correct shape, and about same size as the 8880 tires. Get them and you don't need the caterpillar tracks. BTW, that Bimba piston should allow us to make a fully pneumatic crane (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) Glad to be of help Keith! I did not use the tires from the backhoe because in my design, the differential has to fit in between the A-Frames (not just between, but inside). The only way to put the back hoe tires on my 4WD suspension is to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)