 Technic / 12786
Re: MOC: DEMAG CC2800 Crawler Crane - Stage 1 complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:59:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:

For those that haven’t been following along with the pics on Brickshelf, I’d like to present my latest MOC, a (approximately) 1:13 scale model of a DEMAG CC2800 crawler crane.

Hi ROSCO,

Congratulation to your new project, its really amazing. I like your very detailed description on your page, and the new pictures from outside are great. Looking forward to see the progress of the project, good luck.

Thanks Anders, I think I’ll need it. Attempting a 5 metre boom scares me just a little bit...

ROSCO

I found out that my ‘small scale’ Gottwald, reaches a point around 5 meters where the boom could not handle the heavy forces. With a flyjib configuration the forces on the main boom are huge. But in ‘my’ scale a 5 meters single boom would not be able to carry its own weight on the middle when horizontal. But I think your model will succeed in raising a 5 meters main boom, since the scale and dimension of the boom is bigger.

Great videoes, looking forward to see more from you

Anders

http://www.gaasedal.dk