 Technic / 12771
Re: MOC: DEMAG CC2800 Crawler Crane - Stage 1 complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:36:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/cc2800
For those that haven't been following along with the pics on Brickshelf,
I'd like to present my latest MOC, a (approximately) 1:13 scale model of a
DEMAG CC2800 crawler crane.  Future stages will attempt to model 2
different boom configurations.  I will be posting a time-lapse of the setup
process in the next few days.

Wow! That is spectacular. I'd seen your pictures of the construction of the
crane and looked forward to the final model. I'm going to go gawk at it now...

Thanks TJ, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And I'm still amazed by how
well the droid wheel performs as a slew ring - when I was setting up for the
shots, I forgot to lock the slew ring, and a very slight (I barely felt it) gust
came along when the boom was at about 20 degrees. It was enough to swing it
around about 45 degrees!!! You aint seen me run so fast!!!

ROSCO