 Technic / 11981
Re: A snow remover machine.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:49:14 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:
I think the reason for not working as a screw is because it is not "smooth"
enough and there is to little room between the "blades". But maybe I can
make larger gap between them and fill the gap with something else??

Smoothness I can't really help you with on this design, but check my other reply
for making larger gaps.  Of course, you'd probably want to have at least 24 of
these total to make two complete reverse-image screws

The construction with the propeller blade and 1/4 sircle liftarm, works best
in higher speed. And then it mostly throws the snow forward until it is
totaly clogged with snow...

Part of that might be that there isn't enough room between the threads, and part
of that might be that the blade surfaces aren't smooth enough and fill up with
snow.  My second idea might be a better place to start, and cover as much of
each surface with tiles as possible.  The hinges could even be recessed from the
leading edge a bit to leave the cutting edge surface as smooth as possible.