 Technic / 11973
11972  |  11974
Subject:
A snow remover machine.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:58:29 GMT

I'm living in a country that has many month of winter trough the year and
want to build something that uses some of the resources around me.

I'm trying to make a snowblower / motor snowplow that works, but have a hard
time making the "screws" that transport the snow into the fan that trows the
snow out and up. Anybody that has any ideas of how to make this screws?

I have already made the simple version where there is a drum with shovels on
that just rotate and trows the snow up and forward. And it works. But since
it only trows forwards it is not very efficient. (Dont have pictures or
Ldraw file for that yet). A good snowblower have a nozzle that you can
direct where the snow is going. Everything else I can make, but the
transport screws I cant manage....

Here you can see one of the screws that I've tried to make:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Snowblower/snowblower1.jpg
There is also a ldraw file in the directory
Problem with this is its not strong enough construction and parts always
fell off when it starts to rotate and come in contact with the snow.

A fun thing with the snow (anyway in the region where I live) is that it is
clean and it is not damaging the bricks, even if one should fell of the rest
of the construction. When I take the construction inside I just rinse it
with hot water and voila it is even cleaner when I took it outside :)

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes