 Technic / 11979
Re: A snow remover machine.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:50:25 GMT

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message
news:HrpBCH.113p@lugnet.com...
What I was after is two screws that brings the snow to the center where
another fan is located, this fan is the one that trows the snow into the
air. This is how the larger snowblower is working. Its those two screws • that
I have a hard time making, partly because it has to be usable and partly
because of odd angels.

A photograph of Dave's screw:

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/dave_laswell_screw.jpg>>

Philo

Thanx for the photo.
Well, I have tried this and it works fine for slashing in the snow and
trowing it forward, but it does not work as a screw, and the snow only get
stuck between the "tooth" after a while. And I only have 10 of those 3-armed
liftarm/propeller blade.
I think the reason for not working as a screw is because it is not "smooth"
enough and there is to little room between the "blades". But maybe I can
make larger gap between them and fill the gap with something else??

I'll also tried with the 1/4sircle liftarm:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Snowblower/snowscrew1.jpg

This works a little better but will get stuck with snow after a while. Need
more angled construction in the "blades"
I have compared with the "real" stuff, and those rotating blade is actually
rotating slowly. The construction with the propeller blade and 1/4 sircle
liftarm, works best in higher speed. And then it mostly throws the snow
forward until it is totaly clogged with snow...

I dont have a digital camera for the moment, so I cant put photos of how
these constructions work in the snow.
Until now the only one that transport the snow sidewise as I like it to do
is my first screw-construction. And the size is no problem.
I think I have to try with larger construction to get this wierd angel and
spiral form possible.

Good works people. It's good to see that I can trow in a idea here and get a
good and quick respons to it  :)

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
from the winterland... still snowing here....