 Technic / 1196
1195  |  1197
Subject:
Adult Lego Mania, Technic Strain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 03:29:44 GMT

I've been afflicted with 'Legomania technicitis', the adult variant of the
Lego Mania virus, Technic strain.

Over the last couple of months I've purchased about a dozen Technic sets
including two large ones (8479 and 8480), and I just love building and
playing with them. I'm in my thirties and I rediscovered my love of Lego
when the first Star Wars sets came out. I thought they were neat and bought
a few of them, but now I just want to get my hands on every Technic set I
can.

I recently saw a sale on eBay in which the seller was auctioning all his
Technic sets. He stated that he had bought them in a "frenzy" the previous
year thinking they were really cool, but that now he had no time to play
with them. I immediately understood the "frenzy" aspect and felt bad for
three reasons:
1. That I couldn't afford the whole collection
2. That this poor dude lost his love of Lego
3. That my own affliction would be cured at some point!

So I beseech you all for advice and support. Is there a cure for Legomania
technicitis? Do I *want* to be cured? Should I worry about my obsession?
Your input and feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks,

Ari