 Technic / 10983
  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) Hi Max The 4404 has 4-wheel independent suspension as part of the set. The components are nearly identical to the suspension in set 8465 (URL) except that there is NO steering. However, if you have the 8465 set, you should be able to easily (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) I know it's bad form to reply to my own post, but I forgot about the inventory. It's on Peeron, although the site appears to be quite slow right now. (URL) John (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) It reminds me in a lot of ways of Tamiya's classic radio-controlled Toyota 4x4 Pickup (later called the "Bruiser" and then the "Mountaineer"), which was built in the same way; a scale chassis and the body on top. Tamiya's set used the ladder (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 4404 Land Busters Question

(...) Live-axle suspension and drivetrain seems not to be much of a challenge. However, steering looks like it may be the real challenge, just by looking at the pics available on the net. Using 8466 parts and making a Bigfoot/monster truck seems (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)