 Technic / 10733
Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:46:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell wrote:
   Would anyone be interested in a LEGO drag racing competition? I don’t have anything firm on paper right now, but I do have ideas. I think that it would be limited to four motors, but it would not be a robotics drag race, just an all out race to the finish. There will probably be classes based on weight, size, and/or number of motors. Before I start writing rules and a web page for something like this, I just want to know if there is any interest in this type of event. Thanks for the help.

Max

Hi Max,

Well, I could use up to 3 of the old style 9v motors, or 1 geared 4.5v motor, or various pneumatic engines - perhaps a limit on the number of cylinders ;-). Are you going to consider classes for different power plants as well as the number of them?

Best regards, Paul