 Technic / 10718
    All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Max Maxwell
   Would anyone be interested in a LEGO drag racing competition? I don't have anything firm on paper right now, but I do have ideas. I think that it would be limited to four motors, but it would not be a robotics drag race, just an all out race to the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Mark Tarrabain
     (...) What sort of rules did you have in mind? BTW, if all you're concerned about is speed, by far the fastest racers would be ones that would be powered by elastic bands, and not electric motors at all. Motors and battery packs just add too much (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Ross Crawford
     (...) I dunno - I reckon the RC motors from 8475 would do pretty well against rubber bands ;) ROSCO (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Mark Tarrabain
     (...) Heh... you haven't seen the size of my rubber bands. (evil grin) For the speed I can get on small LEGO vehicles, let's just say that it's not entirely safe for me to launch them indoors. I can pretty much guarantee that a simple and light (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Paul Krieg
     (...) Hi Max, Well, I could use up to 3 of the old style 9v motors, or 1 geared 4.5v motor, or various pneumatic engines - perhaps a limit on the number of cylinders ;-). Are you going to consider classes for different power plants as well as the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Nathan Falslev
     (...) I'd compete in it if it was well organized. Track should be long enough that having a quick transmission would help the car win. Such a competition could help transmission development a lot. ExCom (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

         Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Max Maxwell
     (...) Transmissions would be allowed if they shift either mechanically by themselves or with a pneumatic piston, using a switch not attached to the car. The point is, each vehicle must drive itself down the track, with no human input once it starts (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Max Maxwell
   Hello all! Just an update to what rules I think should be included in an all-out drag racing competition. First off, there should be five classes, four with limitations on the number of motors (1-4 motors), and the fifth would be an unlimited class, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing —Max Maxwell
   (...) I was thinking a micromotor class might be fun too! :) Max (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)