 Technic / 1051
  Independant rotation?

I've been trying to come up with a creative way to create an Omega Class Destroyer from Babylon 5 complete with rotating midsection, but unfortuantely, I can't think of a way to get the two ends of the ship to stay stablized relative to the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

Sounds like a job for ... the Big Turntable ! See (URL) at the bottom of the page, or (URL) to see the piece in a context. In this set it's black but it's usually dark grey. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

Try this: You need a turntable with a hole in it, like the large Technic one. Take a bunch of technic beams and connect them, 2-studs wide and 24" long. Now take the technic turntable, turn it sideways, and slip it over the beam down to about 10" (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

(...) There is a way to get the turntables as a spare parts pack (dacta?) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

(...) Aaah, no wonder I didn't know of the existance of that piece. Does it show up in any other set besides the shuttle and that programmable arm set? I have this horrible feeling I'm going to have to watch auczilla or beg some technic heads for (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Paul Gyugyi (<Fpr7qq.2n2@lugnet.com>) wrote at 07:06:26 (...) For a smaller version, the 4x4 turntable has a hole in the middle for an axle. Using two turntables, and possibly some axle extenders, you should be able to link the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

You can purchase these thru Pitsco LEGO-Dacta. That's what I did. (...) Jim West NIC Team Lead NIC Oracle Developer and DBA in Training NIC Chief Cook and Bottle Washer MCI Worldcom (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

(...) bottom (...) see (...) It also comes in the 8462 recovery truck set, with some Pneumatics as well. However if you need several the 'answer' is to buy them as spares from Dacta. :-). Best Wishes (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

(...) Which then makes me wonder...does S@H support dacta, and if so... what's the set/part pack number? Kya (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

If you buy the large turntables from Pitsco Dacta, then you should consider a larger order to optimize the shipping charge and get some parts not offered by LSAH. LSAH does not support Dacta. Pitsco provides the "Shop at Home" telephone ordering (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Independant rotation?

Medium Turntable: LSAH sells the medium 4x4 turntable in service pack #5388 "Hinges & Turntables" $3.75 tel 1-800-453-4652 anytime. Miles Gentry (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Independant rotation?

You should try a differential gear housing or tires with round holes. You have the correct idea to connect the front section and back section with a long axle. Each end of the axle should fit into a cross hole so that the sections turn together. The (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)