 Technic / 1053
Re: Independant rotation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:06:26 GMT

Try this:
You need a turntable with a hole in it, like the large Technic one.  Take a
bunch of technic beams and connect them, 2-studs wide and 24" long.  Now take
the technic turntable, turn it sideways, and slip it over the beam down to
about 10" from the end.  Now find a way to connect the bottom half of the
turntable to the technic beam using axles, pegs and small beams.  Connect the
rotating section to the top half of the turntable, so it spins freely.  Build
up the front and rear parts of the ship.  The long beam will keep them aligned.

In lugnet.technic, Kya Morden writes:
I've been trying to come up with a creative way to create an Omega
Class Destroyer from Babylon 5 complete with rotating midsection, but
unfortuantely, I can't think of a way to get the two ends of the ship
to stay stablized relative to the midsection.