 Technic / 1052
Re: Independant rotation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:01:00 GMT

Sounds like a job for ... the Big Turntable !

See http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/gear/gear_3.html, at the bottom
of the page, or http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8480/8480-009.html to see
the piece in a context. In this set it's black but it's usually dark grey.

Kya Morden wrote:

I've been trying to come up with a creative way to create an Omega
Class Destroyer from Babylon 5 complete with rotating midsection, but
unfortuantely, I can't think of a way to get the two ends of the ship
to stay stablized relative to the midsection.

For those who have no idea what an Omega Class Destroyer looks like,
here's a link. http://hyperspace.isnnews.net/ea/eaomega_lg1.jpg

I've toyed (is that a real word?) with the idea of putting a motor in
the back section and running a rod through the center but I can only
come up with a way to get the midsection to rotate relative to the
back section which would leave the front to rotate any particular way
it wanted to.