 Technic / *9621 (-20)
  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GyBxrI.CDw@lugnet.com... (...) :-) It is really to late in the day for a retrofit on this model, but one of these days I intend to make a model (probably a crane) that is manually controlled so (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

BONK! (Intended to be sound of jaw dropping on desk...) What keeps surprising me is how much functionality you manage to squeeze into so little space... Anyone else attempting all these functions would end up with a model twice this size... About (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Spectacular crane failures (was: All Terrain Crane)

(...) I also had an accident with my latest mobile crane - trying to do a mod in the superstructure while the boom was up. I didn't get any shots, but I might do it again, just to show how much those 12L axles can bend without breaking! ROSCO (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) OK fine - how about if you remove all the lighting, remote control and motors so that it becomes 'just' a simple Model Team type of kit of around 3,000 bricks? Then would you do it? Please? I'd be willing to manually extend the outriggers, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Rebecca Taylor" <arellcat@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gy9Io8.626@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) Glad to hear I'm not alone in this hacking and slashing business :-) The 5 long axle is now kosher though, and I bet the 7 will not be long (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:Gy9n3M.GnE@lugnet.com... (...) Spot on. The trouble is that it doesn't really come apart under normal use, and even when loaded with a kilo it is only a little bit, but still (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

"Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GyBK5y.LGr@lugnet.com... (...) two! Thanks Bob! Unfortunately there is the matter of creating instructions, which would be a Herculean task, and the price would be a lot more than you might (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Ah, yes, I see now that you mention this in the text on the website as well. Initially, I have to admit that I was just looking at the pictures! By the way, I like the solution you've found for securing the rack. The sliding 2x1 beam with (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

Jennifer, Wonderful model and again, great presentation on the web. I cannot wait to see this at BrickFest. Bob (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Awesome! Just awesome! Could you please apply for a job as a Lego designer? I'd buy this if it were an official Lego set in a heartbeat! If not that, then how about you producing this as a kit and selling them yourself on Bricklink? I'm sure (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) a giant tree falling over. The boom went one way, the superlift went the other. The crane instantly transformed from 10 feet tall, to about 6 inches. I didn't take any pictures, but it certainly made a mess! Dennis had an unfortunate (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) crane (...) far too much time on your hands! ;-) Very, very impressive (for a girl). ;-) Look forward to seeing it for real. Ian (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Technica 4.1

Hi: After some issues with my ISP Technica 4.1 is now online. And, if I do say so myself, its pretty much 0.1 better than version 4! This version contains significant updates to all sections, including a complete pass through the element list. I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general) !

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Here are a few good ones: (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Indeed. Here in Melbourne recently, a tower section was being added when the counterweight detached & fell, killing one worker. (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

(...) Tell me about it. I've had a model finished - and photos taken for nearly a year now, and what with finishing my degree and what have you, I havn't started writing it up. Then I took that model apart and I've nearly finished a new one - which (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

that's just amazing - the mind boggles - I'm an in awe. (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All Terrain Crane

Jennifer, this is exactly what I'd hoped your superb Technic creations would gradually evolve toward: from being brilliant Technic models to being fantastic Model Team creations with all the functionality (and more) you could hope for from a classic (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: All Terrain Crane

(...) The PAT company also makes weigh-in-motion systems. The bending plate uses a strain-gauge to measure the load. What's interesting about this is that the approach path needs to be pretty level, so I designed a simple accelerometer that fed into (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact