 Technic / *9366 (-10)
  Re: MoTeC rule question.

Hey, Tobbe, maybe you could just go with a "Spirit" of a contest. You know, the best and coolest MOC wins. People Are gonna vote for what they like anyway. In the end do the specs really matter if people are gonna vote with different perspectives in (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) What paper do you recommend? I picked up a pack of Birdcage-Rated scrap at the local Office Depot, and I pretty much got what I paid for. I didn't want to drop an additional $20 on an unknown product, though. For that matter, what kind of (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

In lugnet.technic, Brian Sadowski writes: Hmmmm.....Good Point. E (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GvqwI4.Kor@lugnet.com... (...) Why (...) I think TJ said it all with respect to cutting pneumatic tubing; there are simply some parts where being cut to length is by definition part of (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) I've slid a bit, I guess. I still don't like cutting of elements (although maybe if it was done by someone else that had a computer controlled milling machine!) but I now fully support (as in, I use them in my production custom sets): - custom (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

I just wanted to elaborate on my reasoning. Using such things does take away from the 100% lego idea, which is seldom a good thing to do. Although, I do believe these worms gears are an issue. Only if these non-lego parts are used in a (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) Certain pieces, like pneumatic tubing, almost require cutting in order to use them. In fact, a lot of Lego produced sets come with long lengths of tubing and instruct the builder to cut them to length. How about the stiff "flex" tubing (the (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

Ahmen! Can I hear a Purist oh "H*ll Ya!" (I gotta say, Jenifer's stuff is really great, She has included non-Lego parts custom made by John Barnes in her MOCs. I hear they work Jim-Dandy. It's just not for me or other Purists.) Legomaster (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

... is not acceptable in my book. I don't specially like corrugated tubes, but that doesn't mean I can cut them up (I'd rather just not use thwm). Why would be cutting some pieces OK and cutting others (i.e. axles) not OK? I'm generally a pretty (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@cs.com> wrote in message news:GvqJos.Eu5@lugnet.com... (...) Easy - just use a bit of corrugated tube of the right length as a washer. I'm assuming that cutting flex and corrugated tubes is acceptable ;-) Jennifer (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact