 Technic / *8936 (-10)
  Re: Truss Joint Construction Details

(...) Indeed. I did it slightly differently (but same basic idea for my harbour bridge (URL) This was forced on me by the weight of the arch - not having the symmetric main beams would've damaged the connection axles, or the holes they went through. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truss Joint Construction Details

(...) Well, start practicing on those trusses ;-) (if you plan to build a lattice boom, that is) TJ (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truss Joint Construction Details

(...) No! No more "good-bye" posts, please. No harm done, I think. Just the butting of a few heads. It keeps life interesting. (...) If you solved the rotation problem, then you could work out something with this. Again, the geometry will be more (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truss Joint Construction Details

That was just an idea that struck my head, I dont have any plans to build a brigde, but I want to build a crane someday... "Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:GszDHs.JyM@lugnet.com... (...) at (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) Now that would be something! How about an Expert Builder version of Bionicle? LOL- a challenge indeed. TJ (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

I personally think the objections to Bionicle here is the storyline side, not the building side. The storyline just has little interest in those of us who are not into the fantasy aspect of LEGO. I have to admit having the same feeling reading some (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truss Joint Construction Details

(...) I think I'm going to stop posting soon, two flame-wars originating from my posts *sigh* Better learn something about action and reaction soon... (...) Cool. (...) Could you use the medium pulley and half beams in any way? Something like this: (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) I'd have to say lugnet.build.mecha is the missing piece between technic and bionicle and quite frankly I find the Mechas utterly cool! I'm even building my own right now. But it's still a long way to bionicle and technic. Mecha seems to be in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bi*nicle folks went away?

(...) If they only would ship _outside_ US I'd be set (and broke)... (...) Bionicle is part of the Technic line of some reason. I would not mind having the bionicle folks in their own subgroup but they constantly flooded the technic group aswell. I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Truss Joint Construction Details

(...) Do you have any pictures to share with us? thanks, TJ (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact