 Technic / *8476 (-20)
  Single set Technic Power Pulling.

FUT: lugnet.technic Hi! Here's yet another Tehnic genre booster! Challenge: Build a model that can pull as much load as possible using pieces from _only_one_ official LEGO set! One class for each set so you can all be winners, no matter what set you (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Challenge: Technic Model of the Month!

FUT: lugnet.technic Hi all! I've decided the Technic genre needs a boost so I have made a Technic model of the month competition/challenge similar to ldraw.org's MOTM & SOTM. Each month a winner will be elected by an e-mail voting process. For more (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motorized 8466?

(...) I wonder if this will lead to database of Lugnet Technic approved modifications (complete with MLCAD building instructions)? (this is in no way a serious suggestion :-) Steve (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Popular Topics and FAQ

(...) Sure! I certainly will. When it gets too big, I'll archive some of it on sub-sub pages. TJ (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized 8466?

(...) Hi Jen, I checked it last night, and there's a couple of problems. First, the 12t-20t sets on the back of the gearbox - the centre axle actually bends if the motor drives the 5/6 gear axle, and its in 3rd or lower gear. You could possibly (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Popular Topics and FAQ

(...) I noticed the POTW page. Cool! Are you gonna keep a history of the parts of the week on that page? ROSCO (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Gremlin II and New MOC

I modified the Gremlin slightly and built a couple more. Also I have a new MOC - Dread Golem. I aplogize for not adding the URLs with the last post. (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Set 8011: Jango Fett & more

(...) NOOO...OOO! Wasn't it bad enough when Bionicle got confused with Technic? Okay, so the new large Bionicle sets actually tend to remind of Technic, or is it me who's starving for Technic? /Tobbe (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickshelf gallery for Jump-O-Bot

(...) Cheers Bob, I have applied. Nice heads up. (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

  Popular Topics and FAQ

In the coming weeks I'll be putting together information on popular topics and frequently asked questions for this newsgroup. I've started this section with a little page on Technic motors (see the .technic front page). In the meantime, if you can (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized 8466?

(...) back. It (...) I got (...) time... I've only half completed my 8466, but I think this may well be a problem with the model at the point where the bevel gears connect to each axle. These are very high torque areas and the supporting beams are (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Set 8011: Jango Fett & more

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GrG5qM.8sy@lugnet.com... (...) Looks like a mis-shaped top part with some very bad flashing (where the mould didn't meet up properly and leaked into the mould seams). It might be (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized 8466?

(...) I extended a shaft out the back of the gearbox, and put a motor in the back. It turned the wheels OK, but there was slippage somewhere in the gear train. I got side-tracked & never fixed it - maybe I should get back to that some time... ROSCO (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  TKOI Create a Creature Contest

Hear ye! Hear ye! It seems to me that there are not enough good lego animals and creatures out there. This post is to announce the first ever... possibly annual Kingdom of Ikros Create-a-Creature Contest. It's pretty self explanitory, but I'll (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Motorized 8466?

Hello all, has anyone motorized the 8466? I've been trying but I can't find a good place to mount a motor. Any thoughts? Gary (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Set 8011: Jango Fett & more

(...) Guesses: 1) Pre-release/prototype 2) Glued together for the show 3) Glued to a backing of some sort, probably for ease of standing, pulled off for the photo Matt (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Set 8011: Jango Fett & more

(...) Hey, I looked at this photo: (URL) What's wrong with that super battle droid's legs? It looks like some very bad manufacture! LFB (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

You should mirror your site at (URL) want Lego content and have no limits or advertising at this time. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GrFzHH.Gzt@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

  Brickshelf gallery for Jump-O-Bot

If the Geocities site is down, please take a look at (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

  Introducing Jump-O-Bot

Dear all, One of the unsolved challenges posed by the authors of the very fine "Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms" is to construct a robot that propels itself jumping, rather than walking on legs or rolling on wheels. Neither pretty nor smart, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact