 Technic / *8401 (-20)
  Re: Bionicle Tarot

(...) The play-action gearworks has been replaced with a #3 axle, a socket, a ball and a #2 axle to connect to the head (the actual head, not the clear brain) The arms are attached with the ".5 pin / .5 friction peg" for posability. All this made (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Tarot

(...) Either at my old font site (being re-vamped and renamed after BricksWest) or at KanohiPower.com (Mike's is the only other place I know of that it is available from). If you think you got it somewhere else, let me know...I've only given Mike (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Tarot

(...) Lessee here ... c:\windows .... c:\windows\fonts .... c:\windows\fonts\MATANUI_.TTF ... open, open, open ... yes. Yes, it is. "©2001 DigitalIris (Matthew Gerber)." Where did I get this? (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Tarot

(...) Kyle, is that my Mata Nui font? Matt (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Tarot

(...) Hee hee - I like! Where do I sign up for my deck?! Do I see right, or am I imagining things (and you're just a darn good camera man!) - Do your Toa have moveable heads? If so, how'd you do it (what pieces)? I'm sure this topic has been covered (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Silver Masks

(...) The right way to do the effect IMHO would be to do it like they did, say, the wheels on the 8448 supercar or the silver & gold parts on C-3P0 or the gold head and disk on the millenium slizer. (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Bionicle Tarot

It's no Rider-Waite but it'll do: (URL) not complete: missing the Hanged Man, Temperance, Judgement, the Tower, and the World. All coming eventually. (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Silver Masks

(...) Don't chuck them in the fire, the fumes would be bad - you may, however, send them to me. I found the chromed mask unsatisfactory in a different way - it looked like something that fell off a bowling trophy. The new metallic effect is not so (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Names for Bionicle Bohrok parts

(...) Well, Huw, between your inventories of the Bohrok sets and my adding of their parts to BrickLink, I think consolidation of name ideas would be quite useful. I've already started on a basic naming convention for them based on Mark Riley's (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Silver Masks

(...) Chuck 'em on the fire to keep you warm in winter! After the superb chrome effect Hau from the Powerpacks, these 'silver' masks are a total let-down, and bearing in mind the number of boxes one needs to buy in order to collect all of the Krana, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New Curator for Technic Newsgroup

(...) Cool! You've prob'ly got them all already, but here's my links page: (URL) - use them as you see fit! ROSCO (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle Prices

(...) of $50 or more through the 11th. Interestingly the Toa are $7.99 on their site, but I guess that's still over what they should be! 8549 Tarakava was $39.99. No spectacular deals, the green baseplates come close to matching S@H's price, but (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Power Puller wheels

(...) No problem. On a side note, you can attach 2 pulleys with 3 black friction pegs on each wheel for extra support. It will be harder for the wheel to pull off the axle. On another side note, you can adapt the new steering parts in set 8466 to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Puller wheels

Doh! They arrived yesterday and a quick look convinced me that the central hole wasn't cross shaped! Knowing that I didn't have the special parts from the supercar or 8466 left me thinking I'd messed up. It very obvious now - thanks for bothering to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New hinge/joint element?

Check out (URL) some of its links. The pictures are not quite good enough to see how the thing is made, but it appears the ankles, knees and elbows are made of the same joint. It looks like a trapped ball with through-axle. --Jack Gregory (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle Prices

"Kyle Beatty" <carbunicle@appleogue.net> wrote in message news:Gr2uxG.30J@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) I'm already starting one. I also go there to buy clothes and stuff. (...) Think of it as another department store on the level of Kohl's. Info is at (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  New Curator for Technic Newsgroup

Dear Technic fans, I've recently been made curator for this group. The Technic curatorship covers not only lugnet.technic, but all of the sub-groups as well (e.g. lugnet.technic.bionicle, etc.). My goal is to expand the resources in the sidebars of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Alternate models

(...) The set contains instructions for the Silver Truck shown on the back of the box. These instructions aren't on the 'net AFAIK, for obvious reasons. ROSCO (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Interesting Bohrok Pieces

(...) Thanks! Will do! -Dave (who's hunting down the other shiled numbers as he writes this) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  BrickShelf FTP server - AWOL

Hi, Does anybody know what has happened to the BrickShelf FTP server as I'm trying to upload the scans for 8412 - Nighthawk (aka Sky Wasp) and I've also got 8414 - Mountain Rambler that I'll scan if I know I can upload it. Failing that, is there a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact