 Technic / Bionicle / 1915
Re: Bionicle Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:56:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Nicole Drumm writes:
Kyle Beatty wrote:
(What's a Boscov?)

Think of it as another department store on the level of Kohl's.
Info is at http://www.boscovs.com

I just took a look at the website and noticed they have free shipping on orders
of $50 or more through the 11th.  Interestingly the Toa are $7.99 on their
site, but I guess that's still over what they should be! 8549 Tarakava was
$39.99.  No spectacular deals, the green baseplates come close to matching
S@H's price, but with the quantity discount, S@H still beats them by a hair.

The nearest TrU (a terrible, terrible store) marks them up, too (in
unpredictable ways) so I go ACROSS THE STREET to Target and shop there. Or
drive a few minutes to Fred Meyer's (generalzed department-like store
owned by Kroger's) and sometimes find things on sale.

I've noticed lately that the TrU here is no longer the store it once was.
Like you said I've gotten into the habit of going to Wal-mart or Target
first now. "One stop shopping". :)

Yeah, the only reason I can see to go to TRU is to get somewhat older sets you
want that have already been cleared from stock at Walmart or Target (also the
promotions they sometimes have like the masks or mask cases, posters, etc.).

Maggie C.