 Technic / 6523
6522  |  6524
Subject:
New Curator for Technic Newsgroup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:23:16 GMT

Dear Technic fans,

I've recently been made curator for this group. The Technic curatorship
covers not only lugnet.technic, but all of the sub-groups as well (e.g.
lugnet.technic.bionicle, etc.).

My goal is to expand the resources in the sidebars of the front pages of
each group. I would like to create a collection of references that all
readers will find useful.

I've made a rough outline of what I'd like to accomplish in the near future
and I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

BASIC REFERENCE SITES
(e.g. Technica, Brickshelf scans, Peeron inventories, Lugnet guide, etc.)
*there are a couple of others that I can't think of at the moment

POPULAR SUBJECTS/ FAQ
-Highlighted/Spotlighted messages (to "sum up" the newsgroup for new readers)
-Motors (types, specs, reviews, links to past discussions)
-Gears (types, usage guide, links to past discussions)
-Gear Applications (transmissions, differentials, gear reduction trains, etc.)
-4wd (models, instructions, links to past discussions)
*I'm going to search the newsgroup and find others

LINKS TO TECHNIC MOCs
-List of all CLSOTW with Technic models
-Expanded list of websites (on a sub-page, of course- possibly categorized:
pneumatics, heavy haulage, construction, etc.)
*Please submit any links to Technic related sites

LINKS TO THE OFFICIAL LEGO SITES
(this exists already, it will stay)

NON-LEGO RELATED LINKS
(sites that explain mechanical/structural concepts, e.g. howstuffworks.com)
(sites that contain interesting equipment and details- for use when creating
a MOC)

CONTACT
(a section for readers to email me with any suggestions, comments, potential
additions, etc.)

Please indicate in your response if your suggestions are for the basic
Technic group, or for one of the sub-groups (e.g. bionicle).

I'm probably going to have some free time this weekend, so I'll begin making
changes then. In the meantime, let me know what you think.

Thanks,
TJ Avery