 Technic / *7901 (-20)
  Re: Technic A-10 Warthog

Nice to see the good ole Thunderbolt II!!!!! Sad it's in technic form, no dismembered minifigs from the cannon on front. :P Does the seat really slide in? that makes a neat ejection system. the rotating machine gun is good too. I also like how you (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Technic A-10 Warthog

(...) Ya know, that makes sense with respect to the gun. The way that the plane is designed, the rear landing gear are pretty far forward (in fact, I think they may be right smack in the middle) and with the engines hanging off the back, it's (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Technic A-10 Warthog

(...) Probably not. It would be completely impossible for me to Ldraw all the wiring, tubing, and flex cables. If the inspiration strikes me, I might be able to do part of it, though it's unlikely. Adrian (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Technic A-10 Warthog

(...) GAH!!! You can say that again. You struck a chord in my soul my friend. This here is my favorite bird. AWESOME JOB!!! A couple of notes for you though. Don't feel bad about it being aft heavy. The real thing keeps it ballenced by the GAU-80 (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission

That's wonderful, but I am still not sure how it does work, although my major was mechanical Engineering:) Do you have any .dat file? Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission

(...) Wow! Very clever. From what I know this is the first purely mechanical automatic gear shift. It's really impressive. Ciao Mario (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic A-10 Warthog

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:GnLJCE.20G@lugnet.com... (...) That's a great model. Any chance of making the DATs or instructions available? Dan (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Mata Nui bug?

(...) I think I've found another one, I've talked to the captain in the lava city, he asked me to join the guard and I accepted. Then he told me he was giving me an ensign, but it didn't appear in my bag. I went up to the cable car and indeed the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission

Dang that's awesome! I wish I coulda put one of them in this: (URL) that's shwweet. Excellent job, ha, I'm still trying to figure it out! Eric Sophie www.mylegomaster.com (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle book cancelled

(...) From Amazon.com I received the same notification about the cancellation of “Bionicle” by Alexander Skinnerton. And all you ones who ordered that book on Internet or with your local bookseller will get the same message. And than after the story (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: new group

(...) I thought that same thing early last year and tried to get a new group listed under robotics called .sensors After hearing all arguments against that, I started subscribing to the whole .robotics group and now do searches for posts including (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle book cancelled

AMazon just sent me email saying the Bionicle book has been cancelled. :( -gyug (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Technic A-10 Warthog

Hey gang, my latest creation is completed. With 3 technic motors, 1 micromotor, 3 fiberoptic banks, 4 large pneumatic cylinders, and 1 small pneumatic cylinder, this has a lot of nifty features. Check out the A-10 on the technic page. Thanks much (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.military) !!

  Re: new group

I agree. I think cranes are certainly part of Technic and I wouldn't like to check another group every time I check for new posts. - David (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new group

(...) Well, you'd post to lugnet.admin.general asking for it, however I'm not sure it's really needed - what would you discuss there that can't be discussed in lugnet.technic? It's not exactly a high volume group, and most people reading it would (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: building thicker technic axles

(...) about (...) the (...) and (...) (URL)Also, the axle driving the rotor also had to bee strengthened. I put an axle (...) note the rotor axle was actually 2 joined axles, and extended about 10 studs without support. ROSCO (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new group

(...) Compartmentalized dork alert!! :-) Maggie C. (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  new group

I would like to start a new group for technic cranes. Does anyone know how i would go about doing this? thanks Jared (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Joining Beams Axially at 90 deg

(...) One way might be to use the light gray half-pins (ldraw part 4274.dat). Put them in the endmost holes of the "sideways" beam. The short protruding sections can then act as top studs, and the two beams can be connected as you describe with a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: building thicker technic axles

(...) same thing on the helicoptor rotor I've made. To counter this I made a 'one-direction'-drive that 'slipped' when the motor stooped. See (URL) (fifth item in list) and (URL) the axle driving the rotor also had to bee strengthened. I put an axle (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact