 Technic / *17946 (-20)
  Re: Chipper

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JDBAE3.Fq6@lugnet.com... (...) Looks like you are making some real progress on this machine. I like your design for the safety clutch and shut-down. I don't quite follow the chipper (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Chipper

Snyders and Hannover may be getting a new consumer! (URL) more band-aids required) (18 years ago, 11-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: motor disassembly

(...) I know it won't help much... but have a look to this: (URL) (18 years ago, 10-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: motor disassembly

(...) I bought a Znap set on eBay (my first!) and it also has an older 71427 motor that doesn't turn well. It works when powered but I don't think it's very happy. I, too, would like to know what I can do to get this motor to float the way it's (...) (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: R/C skid steer test

(...) Hi Rob, You might consider using the auxilary output of the RC to control a gear shifter to select between "driveable" and "mad spining" modes... Using the polarity switch is brilliant! I tried a pure mechanical solution (the steering (...) (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: R/C skid steer test

(...) Oh yes! it can steer when going forward. With the current gearing though, it spins out. I should try to drive the adder/subtractor input with an 8-tooth gear rather than the current 24 to slow the turning rate down. Though I suppose I couldn't (...) (18 years ago, 7-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: R/C skid steer test

(...) Nice! Can it steer while also moving forward, or does the switch work with just a 3-position action (turn right/go straight/turn left)? Could you also use 3 12-tooth gears for the side opposite the 2 24-tooth gears, or did you use the 2 (...) (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical obstacle avoider 2

"Alexander Holroyd" <holroyd@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:JD16LC.Bos@lugnet.com... (...) That is just excellent! Thanks for sharing it. Bob (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New inline 4 cylinder Pneumatic Engine - No valves.

"Rick Clark" <jrclark@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message news:JD0Ap8.6Mt@lugnet.com... (...) OK, We are waiting for the details. Really has my head spinning trying to figure out the timing. Bob (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Mechanical obstacle avoider 2

Here is another 100% mechanical "obstacle-avoiding rover". Like my previous attempt at: (URL) has only one motor and no electronics. This one is based on a simpler principle. The left and right sides operate independently - on each side the wheel (...) (18 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New inline 4 cylinder Pneumatic Engine - No valves.

(...) Very interested. I'm always on the lookout for new cam designs. The engine's very cool, although I can't quite visualize the motion. Thanks! Rick C. (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  NXT controlled Red Quad

(URL) NXT controlled Red Quad> - completed 2-3-07 (URL) controlled Red Quad>> Motorized tail - neck and head (3 URLs) Ultrasonic - Touch and Sound Sensors (URL) Sensor>> (URL) Sensor>> (URL) Sensor>> Custom eye lights courtesy HiTechnic - 68.8 x 36 (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !!

  New inline 4 cylinder Pneumatic Engine - No valves.

Not quite the same old inline 4 underneath - this engine is only single acting, because to make it double acting would mean double the amount of t-pieces and cables, which is already a lot. anyway, no valves in this engine at all, just a mechanism (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  New modded parts

Here's an update on my parts experiments. I've added quite a few Technic parts: (URL) expansion link (URL) , based on a 1x3 thin liftarm, allows an axle or peg to slide in the 1x2 slotted hole. Very useful for steam engines: (URL) (It would go (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.technic)

  Re: R/C skid steer test

(...) Nice idea. I made a similar prototype some time ago, which does not need a battery pack, but which can not have both tracks running in opposite direction. Some images here: (URL) Julien (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  R/C skid steer test

Well- I finally got around to testing the idea of a R/C tank. I built a little test rig just to see how it would work. The idea is an adder/subtractor drive, with the R/C "drive" output goes to a motor on the base input and the steering output tied (...) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mindstorms question

(...) Heh, I wondered why this discussion was in .technic . . . :) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: FTX links (was: Request: 1/19 scale)

(...) For those links to work, you need to set the format to FTX before posting, using the combo list just below the subject. HTH ROSCO (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Request: 1/19 scale tank/heavy machinery for PDX

(...) Don't everyone jump up at once! I'm just looking for something that looks nice and will at least roll. Just to elaborate on my first post, this would be for display only - I'm not asking to take it home with me :-P If you have any other (...) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mindstorms question

(...) Come to think of it; if the difference in torque triggers a switch, that switch might as well trigger the off switch to the blade motor. The whole thing could be done 100% mechanically without the Mindstorms kit. Bummer. Oh well; that kit will (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact