 Technic / 15540
Re: Mindstorms question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:38:23 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:

Thanks for the reply. If everything you say is true, I might use multiple white
clutch gears on one axle, gear them to a differential and use the difference in
torque to trigger a lever- which can activate the touch sensor.  It sounds
better to keep it as mechanical as possible unless an electrical solution is
simpler.

Nathan Bell

Come to think of it; if the difference in torque triggers a switch, that switch
might as well trigger the off switch to the blade motor.  The whole thing could
be done 100% mechanically without the Mindstorms kit.  Bummer.  Oh well; that
kit will be good for a robot sometime. It came with a lot of good gears in it
anyway.

Heh, I wondered why this discussion was in .technic . . . :)