 Technic / 15519
Re: Mindstorms question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:56:25 GMT

Hi Nathan,

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> writes:

2 Questions:  Is there a revolution sensor that can interface with the NXT
system (someone at Brickfest told me that the older mindstorms kits had a
revolution sensor).

the RCX rotation sensor should work on sensor ports like all legacy sensors,
provided it is supported by the firmware.

It would also be possible to build a rotation sensor for the motor ports,
i.e. like a NXT motor without the motor proper.
But as far as I know such a sensor doesn't exist yet,
short of using a coasting motor.
That might not be such a good idea due to friction and voltage generated.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/