 Technic / 15515
15514  |  15516
Subject:
Mindstorms question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:33:33 GMT

I bought the Mindstorms NXT kit at BrickFest 2006 in hopes of designing a Lego
chipper.  Although the sensors would make the design possible, the blade of a
chipper has to turn at an extremely high RPM- and with a lot of torque.  The NXT
motors turn at a low RPM.  The RC motors have the speed and the torque but do
not have the same ports as the NXT motors.  Is there a way to adjust the NXT
motors for high RPM and torque (say, high enough to shear a stick-shaped
pretzel), or is there a piece in existence to interface an RC motor into NXT?

Would it be more adviseable to just double up the NXT motors turning the blade
and adjust their speed? I somewhat figured out how to use the program but am not
at all competent at it yet.