 Robotics / 26856
Re: motor disassembly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, linmix <linmix@gmail.com> wrote:
I have an old electric motor part numbre 71427) that no longer 'floats'
when I manually turn it and makes some noise. It still works though and
I was wondering if taking it apart might improve it. I checked Philo's
site and saw his disassembly of the newer version and the link for the
pics/description of a disassembly of the older type which no longer works.
I'd like to know as much as possible about what I'll encounter before I
try to open it. Can anyone provide any pointers and/or pics?

Many thanks in advance
linmix

I bought a Znap set on eBay (my first!) and it also has an older 71427 motor
that doesn't turn well. It works when powered but I don't think it's very happy.
I, too, would like to know what I can do to get this motor to float the way it's
supposed to. What's really unfortunate is the set was unopened, so even though
the motor was never used it's not working now.