 Technic / 15546
Re: New inline 4 cylinder Pneumatic Engine - No valves.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:10:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
   Not quite the same old inline 4 underneath - this engine is only single acting, because to make it double acting would mean double the amount of t-pieces and cables, which is already a lot.

anyway, no valves in this engine at all, just a mechanism for squeezing the hoses using a custom made camshaft - I’ll put up instructions on how to make my cams later if people are interested.

Very interested. I’m always on the lookout for new cam designs. The engine’s very cool, although I can’t quite visualize the motion.

Thanks!

Rick C.