 Technic / 15548
Re: New inline 4 cylinder Pneumatic Engine - No valves.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:41:52 GMT

"Rick Clark" <jrclark@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
Not quite the same old inline 4 underneath - this engine is only single
acting, because to make it double acting would mean double the amount of
t-pieces and cables, which is already a lot.

anyway, no valves in this engine at all, just a mechanism for squeezing
the
hoses using a custom made camshaft - I'll put up instructions on how to
make
my cams later if people are interested.

Very interested. I'm always on the lookout for new cam designs. The
engine's
very cool, although I can't quite visualize the motion.

Thanks!

Rick C.

OK, We are waiting for the details. Really has my head spinning trying to
figure out the timing.

Bob