 Technic / *17901 (-20)
  Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)

(...) Yes, and no. The problem is they are hard plastic with ridges, so if a tread ridge catches on a rough portion of the surface, they push fine... but if the surface is smooth, they'll just slide (very low coefficient of friction). The width is (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

"Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:JCAxx2.8KF@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) forgot to include the URL of the set I was talking about. Here is is above. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:JCAvs8.H94@lugnet.com... (...) Have you considered using the new 5-wide treads found in the new Technic Snowmobile? They seem a lot more suited to driving over most surfaces with their added (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)

(...) The more I thought about this, the more I liked this idea: I wanted to make a really high-mobility vehicle, but the problem with wheels is they are really stopped by steps greater than their own radius (well, partially, ignoring pushing from (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer

(...) InfraRed-Remote Controlled -Batteries Powered trains ? :D Didier (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer

(...) Yes, I know, but, obviously, it was useless for me to make my own translation :-) Didier (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer

(...) The possibilities will be endless. I hope they can operate on the same channels as the mana bricks ! (...) Those two wires will supply the two recievers. if you can stack them, why not have four recivers, each on different channels? why not (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer

(...) Didier, it's the translation of what I wrote in the french article ;) To bring more information about the electric system : (URL) is the batteries box. The connectors are indeed stackable. Two wires are connected to the batteries box. (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) Does this have any hopes of interactivity with the NXT? (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) I don't think so. the upper bogie looks like the backside of a small bevel gear, while the lower bogie assembly looks like it uses this: (URL) electrical connector is interesting. First, it looks stackable (there are electrical connections on (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

In lugnet.technic, Chris Orchard wrote: SNIPPED (...) According to (URL) with the new caterpillars, it embarks a very new electric system with infra-red order. A remote control with two orders being able to control 4 different channels and two (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) Does anyone have infomation on whether the ir receivers / control-box are multi-channel? If they are, I'm buying 2-3 sets as soon as they get here! Chris - Think It, Build It, Share It. (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) Excellent pix. Looks like the small wheels used to form the bogies are a new wheel, am I right? (In addition to loads of other more obvious new parts.) -dave (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) Bulldozer. (URL) I especially like this pic of the treads- (URL) Adr. (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) released. Is it just me or does the new technic dozer bear a striking resemblance to the komatsu D575: (2 URLs) ?? -Ben (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8466 4 X 4 HELP!!!

(...) Like Tim said in his reply, if gears are snapping, it's not assembled correctly. While 8466 isn't the best drive system, it does work when assembled correctly. You should be able to push it along on the floor in any gear and it should work (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  French Toy Fair 2007 : pictures !

Hi, FreeLUG members were to the french Toy Fair. We wrote an article (in french) on our website (URL) Among the new sets, we can spotlight : the new electrical system with IR remote control, for the Technic bulldozer and the Creator Dino. The (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.year.2007, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Re: 8466 4 X 4 HELP!!!

(...) It's not assembled correctly, I'm sorry to say. It's not the best transmission ever, but it does work. It's the same as the one in 8448. 8880 has a better design, IMO, even if it has fewer gears. Tim (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  8466 4 X 4 HELP!!!

Okay, I went to the unbelievable trouble of building my OWN set for the 8466, which is cool because i made it black and RED, with red body parts. I am having trouble with the transmission. No matter where the shifter is in position if you push the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester

(...) take a year! It looks awesome! Why is it that us lugnetters are discovering sets later than before? The snowmobile was posted here right when it hit stores in America, yet last year the tow truck was discovered and posted many months before it (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact