 Technic / *15386 (-10)
  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) Good explanations so far. Here are some additions. The problem is that you are not truly getting the center of gravity inside the footprint of the down foot. The critical part is to get the center of gravity past the inside edge of each foot. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

Here's my opinion: Your CG is too low or your feet are tooo heavy. Your bot is not able able to put enaugh weight over to one side (or the other) to balance on one leg. Try either making lighter feet or raise your CG by raising the motor assembly up (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) A useful first step would be to clean up the construction of the motor/gear housing to make it symmetrical. With how jumbled some of those parts look, I'd be very surprised if your center-of-gravity isn't off-center. If it is, that would mean (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  why won't my biped walk?

A newbie needs some help here... I tried to make a biped COG-shifting walker, based on the many excellent examples found in the archives here. But it doesn't walk -- it just tips up onto the edges of its feet. Here's the starting position (both feet (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume

(...) I was in a rush getting ready for BrickFest. I changed over my radial compressor from yellow to red (SSClagorpion's official color). In the process I accidentally cut the hoses on four pumps. I've changed the outer bracing structure so that (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Air Muscles

Thank you Chris. Your page really helped me a lot. Andrew (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Air Muscles

(...) Wow, Chris, you have done some really amazing things! I love your home-built air muscle, very clever (and much cheaper than the name-brand kind). I also really like your pneumatic board, with the compressor for recharging the air cylinders. I (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Suspension

(...) With Lego pneumatic parts it would be different from the real thing, since Lego cylinders are to coarse in operation, with to much friction to be able to stop accurately at a given position with a given air pressure. However, the way to do it (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loooooong axles

I just got my 3578. It contains four 16-stud-long axles and two 32-stud-long axles, all in white. These are plain, regular Technic axles. Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Capacitors

"Andrew G. Meyer" <agmlego@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I2JLKD.1KEL@lugnet.com... (...) nearly (...) especially (...) They are quite useful with the Lego Solar Cell. They will regulate the out put at 2.5 volts DC. (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact