 Technic / *14296 (-20)
  New crane MOC

when i found out that Brickfest was going to be in Portland i knew that i wanted to bring something BIG! since i live in Portland, a big moc would not be a problem since i would not have to worry about shipping or flying it on a plane. my moc is a (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic) !

  new technic sets

hi as far as i know TLC is not so happy if someone release pictures of unreleased sets so the only thing i can do is to share details with you using my own words there is two new technic sets both studless blue pickup truck on relatively small (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Motion considerations when RCXing The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill

Still more snippage. With sone new crossposts! (...) Im not so keen on motor wires if they can be avoided. I'm thinking that if you were clever you could have as much rotation as you like, because you could house the motors in the base. Use a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  BSCP "Bississippi"

(2 URLs) The (URL) Basic Shape-Changing Platform> (BSCP - "Bississippi") is a simplified version of the (URL) Shape-Shifting Camera Tank (SSCT)> that I created for the "Mindstorms Masterpieces" Book. Despite clocking at less than 150 pieces (not (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Nuva Knees

After getting some Toa Metru via S@H, my favorite Toa got jealous of the Metru bendy knees. I broke out the dremel and gave Toa surgery my best shot. Closeup of knee: (URL) whole Toa: (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Metal hook tight holes?

Hi all, Recently I purchased a few technic hooks: (2 URLs) Most were fine, but one of the hooks, all the holes were a "tight fit" for axles it took more than reasonable force to turn an axle in them. Now while 3 of the holes don't generally (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Hoses

Thanks for the suggestions all, I'll have a look over the weekend to see what I can find. Next on my list..solenoid valves so I can link pneumatics to a RCX :o) "James Steele" <jsteele@csl.com> wrote in message news:Hs9HvM.1o8B@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  MOC Cards

Hey everyone! If you're bringing a MOC or two to BrickFest PDX ... (and you should be!) PLEASE take the time to fill out a MOC card (URL) here> for each MOC you're bringing. In addition to being really spiffy to look at, and print out, these cards (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX) !!

  Mobile Robotic Arm

Hey all, I just finished another robot project. This one is called MRA-U: (URL) site explains what it can do. As soon as it is programmed I will add the program to the site, and most likely tomorrow I will add 2-3 movies showing how it works. The (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Hoses

(...) You can get 'em from Pitsco. I'm not sure this constitutes a *good* source, though -- you get two small pistons and three lengths of hose for $12. (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Hoses

(...) I have used fuel line that can be found at your local hobby shop. They sell varying sized. You should bring a piece to compare inside diameter as they sell a variety of sizes. Dave (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Hoses

(...) The GMLTC has used aquarium air hoses with some success - you can get them at any store that sells aquariums and other pet supplies. And they're a LOT cheaper than the LEGO pneumatic tubing! JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic Hoses

Does anybody know foa good source of replacement hose for use with pneumatics for lego? Lego doesn't seem to sell any in it's spare parts section. (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Purpose of part 32072

I'm thinking that given the compact design of the backhoe digger, it's been used in this instance to perhaps get around the fact that the three-cylinder engine might get in the way. Trying to remember the instructions from memory (at work right (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Display stand for 7470 and 8480

(...) Keith, For the 7470 space shuttle (I don't have the 8480), the 10026 stand is definitely too light -- you can perch the model on the stand (untilted), but it's wobbly even then. Perhaps a modification using two or more of the liftarms with (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)

  Re: F1 suspension animation

(...) Thanks Tobbe Good idea will look at that. Steve (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic)

  Re: F1 suspension animation

(...) Thanks, I did. That's really cool! The only thing that springs (!) to mind is it might have been cooler if the suspension animation showed "two bumps" with a little delay. First the left wheel moves up fast and when it starts to go down (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  F1 suspension animation

Hello Added two more animations of the silver champion front suspension. (2 URLs) enjoy. (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Display stand for 7470 and 8480

Hi, Has anyone built a Starwars UCS-style display stand for the 7470 or 8480 space shuttles that can withstand their weight without collapsing? I have both and I think they'd look great tilted on such a stand, so I'm thinking of building one. Thanks (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Despite the beating we gave it at the start :-) Studless Vs studded is the new purist Vs brick modifier (namely John Barnes & Jennifer clark) :-) That forwarder is far to simple. It would be much better built out of studded and with system (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact