 Technic / *13021 (-10)
  Re: YAPNQ II

Mark Tarrabain's utterance expressed in news:HH4J8v.20Aw@lugnet.com: (...) Absolutely nothing happens.. the switch is made of two pieces - one which is the grey case - the other is a piece with a hole just big enough to fit over the center hole and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) Yes. B and NOT B into the mux formed by two switches that are arranged to never release. (...) But with LEGO pneumatics you can typically get it for free. (...) Yes. When I wrote my post up yesterday I'd forgotten that I needed NOT B as an (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  YAPNQ II

(Still designing, even without any pneumatics... what can I say, I'm a sucker for theory) When a pneumatic switch is in the center position, What happens if you pump air into either of the side valves? What happens if you pump air into the center (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Lego Links

Lego Links now has 275 categorized creations with working picture links in 22 categories. As you view the website you will notice that some categories have more creations than others. I started collecting links to gain inspiration for certain (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO design patterns... you know, there's a book in that, I'm sure of it!

(...) Excellent example. Yes, it was really the organizational aspect that I was thinking of. This is partly a facet of the GUI... in how the user navigates to the data, how it is presented etc. But on second thought, it's also a data (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO design patterns... you know, there's a book in that, I'm sure of it!

Hello, let me reply to a number of related postings at once here ... (...) Not being exactly the GUI expert you may have envisioned, I think the GUI would need to offer sensible categories and potentially more powerful mechanisms to really find the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) Ah... it took me a while to figure out what you were doing, but I see now... (reviewing your pics) If your inputs to the XOR were A and B, you use A to drive the piston, and require the presence of both B and NOT B to make the piston move. I (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) AND takes 1 piston + 1 switch using your design. XOR takes 1 piston + 2 switches using my design. OR takes 1 piston + 2 switches using my design. But AND and XOR can be done using the same piston, so 1 piston + 3 switches gets you a half (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) Finally I can compete again! ;^) I can do a half adder with 1 piston and seven switches, plus you get dual polarity pressure. Three switches for AND and four for XOR. This says that I can do single pressure logic line with one piston and three (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) It sure is. Thanks. Using the same pattern (setting up specific switches "backwards"), I can do a half adder with two pistons and 4 switches (2 switches on each piston). Again, no need for inter-piston bracing, just the requirement that a (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact