 Technic / *10861 (-20)
  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) (URL) so they're both yellow and backhoe's with the large wheels). I will probably get one of these, at least for the pneumatics. I hope it's a Technic turntable in the back of that thing for the backhoe. The front bucket looks like a new (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lime green firefighter vehicles

(...) Well, that same site also features Indianapolis Int. Airport "Green Hornet", which I think looks pretty good (URL) link might not worm - look under new desktop photos) Here is another firetruck with the same paint hue (URL) I do like lime (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Something for everyone in 2003?

There are a bunch of new "technic" sets over at Marz Distribution: (URL) of them are classic technic sets such as: (URL) there are more sets like these: (URL) there are listings but no photos that are tantalizing, such as Lego Science Kit Moon (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Sorry, I should have clarified. I was really speaking in hyperbole for effect. More accurately, I feel that for traditional reasons standard city fire trucks (pumpers, ladders, tillers etc.) should be red. However, as has been pointed out, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Makuta finally appears

Was browsing when I found this: (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H866vt.tF@lugnet.com... (...) Well, here in Sweden the city fire trucks are red, but the airport ones are mainly yellow (and a red streak). I'm sure I've seen lime green ones (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Agreed! I think those little sets are cute too. The truck seems to have a gear-driven dump mechanism, and the front end loader seems to have a gear-driven front bucket lifting/lowering mechanism. Prices appear to be 20 USD for the dump truck (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) This is very likely. :) However, I really needed to do a double take to identify this ambulance yesterday. It simply didn't stand out against the other traffic, the grey of the sky or the snow. Not nearly as much as I would think it should. I (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) I think the blue thing is supposed to be a hose reel. The white bit with the trans blue thing on top? That's a light bar isn't it? Mark (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is not dead!!!

(...) Yes, on second thought, that makes more sense. I guess I was just seeing the wheels and not thinking of much else. Allan B. (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

A few observations about the new sets (now I've had the time to have a better look). First the fire truck. I've seen enough disaster movies to immediately recognize it as an airport firetruck. The color, oh well, maybe I'd prefer yellow or dayglow (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Must be something wrong with your eyes. Extensive studies have shown that this optic green (think that's the name) is the most visible color over a wide range of viewing conditions. Red is a really bad color in the dark and at twilight. Most (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic is not dead!!!

(...) That was also my first guess, but my second guess is that one knob would rotate the water cannon, and the other would steer the 3 axles. As for other mechanisms hidden in the back.... not sure, but I would hope that a large-ish technic model (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

I too, am very interested in making some interesting project with those gears. I am wondering if they will mesh with gears already produced or only work with the mechanism included with that set. Now to dream up something good to build with (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) O.K. I'm willing to bend on the lime green thing. At least that they are out there and in use. It's hard to argue with eyewitness sightings. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. :) (...) Wow. I'm not sure the trend has been as popular in (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Sorry, I didn't mean to give the wrong impression. I'm quite fond of the 'real' crash trucks. I think they are a wonderful blend of function vs. form. They are superbly rugged looking... something the LEGO model lacks woefully. It wasn't the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Its worth taking a close look at some of the other items on marz. 4481 (a Star Wars set) seems to have some interesting looking ring gears. (What might once have been referred to as Technic parts ;) I wonder what options will exist to attach things (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

As one who has spent alot of time in recent days complaining about the lack of new sets, I am thrilled with these new sets. I love the backhoe and I think the fire truck looks great too. Count me in to preorder these and get them as soon as Lego has (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Yeah!! :) I think, despite the odd looks of some of the models, the message is clear - Technic as a name may have fallen by the wayside, at least in TLC's plans, but the idea behind the parts is still alive and well - "build working models". That (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:H87rMF.3Ay@lugnet.com... (...) I totaly agree. I take 3 of that one, please! :) Can anyone see if there is a pnaumatic tank in there some place? I dont have one yet... (...) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact