 Technic / 8787
Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:12:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
As for the small construction vehicles: I'll get those in a flash as soon as
they hit the shelves. Even if there's hardly any new parts in them for me, I
think they're very well done: they're just cute. And Lego should be
encouraged to make more of this....

Agreed!  I think those little sets are cute too.  The truck seems to have a
gear-driven dump mechanism, and the front end loader seems to have a
gear-driven front bucket lifting/lowering mechanism. Prices appear to be 20
USD for the dump truck and front end loader, and 6 USD for the little
forklift. Which is very reasonable for technic IMHO.  I will definetly be
getting the 2 larger sets.

Elsewhere I noticed two more RC cars: 8366 has a cool look and uses Silver
Champ wheels. 8369 looks interesting on the parts side: new wheels/tyres,
new shocks (as far as I know) and.......... new style body panels! Aargh!
Not again!

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-8366
probably uses the controller/receiver of the recent 8475 R/C buggy.
So it's a normal technic set (ie. modular design) with the new styling
panels, probably the new 8475 motors, and likely a servo output for the
steering.

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-8369
appears to be in the same trend as the 5600 racer and the more recent
4589 racer (http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=4589).  It's probably
a one-piece chassis with steering and drive inside.  The wheels and
suspension look very similar to conventional radio control cars; which again
makes me think that's it's a one-piece chassis/wheels/suspension.  But it's
strange that it's in the 8000 series, which is usually reserved for technic.
There are a few technic parts in the rear wing support structure. Strange....

Build well

John