 Technic / *10626 (-20)
  Re: RCX Tank Base

(...) Yeah, tell me about it. My latest MOC (still to be published) uses 1 x 6 plates on this type of treads and I made the MOC remote controlled and had to pick up a lot of plates when I was done driving. The treads have some serious flaws but are (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: hovercraft

at last :)))) hi stef i'm interrested in sending you my movies converted to mpeg files if you are ready let me know i can sent movies sliced on about 2mb pieces i'm ready to send thanx a lot regards pixel (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Tank Base

Should have posted this hear Peter, (...) Alas, unfortunately I consider myself to be somewhat of a Lego purist, I look for almost pure Lego solution where I don't have to 'modify' bricks. If I started buying non-Lego stuff I'm afraid my hobby might (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RCX Tank Base

(...) When I was first designing the tank base I had assumed I would have to use an adder/subtractor to have straight driving. I spent a fair put of time playing with different A/S trying to fugure out which would be best to use. It was then that I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Mechastruct Entry: "Rin Tin Tin Din Din" Quadraped Mecha

Hello, I am proud to present my entry for Tony Knaak's Mechastruct Mecha Building Contest: "Rin Tin Tin Din Din" Quadraped Retrieval Mecha - In Honor of my Cat "Din Din" Preview Deep Link (URL) Gallery (URL) Non-Military theme mechs/mecha over eight (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: The "return" of Town in 2003

James Stacey wrote in message ... (...) I had a lot of Britains farm machinery when I was a kid too, although it has long gone, who knows where. I loved it at the time and played with it a lot. They are still producing it, too, right? There are a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) did you remove the "nospam_", well now it's real mailto:s.mientki@mailbox.kun.nl Stef (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) <snip> (...) Very nicely done! I tried the 8475 motors with the ZNAP props and it didn't generate a good enough force of air. Back to the drawing board! Keep up the great work! Dave K (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) wait for movies i need some room for them but stef mientki is not available (undeliverable post :(( (...) yours. don't do too long skirt it drags on the surface and make a lot of resistance (...) the skirt has to be bent underneath the body it (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: hovercraft

hi becky it's too small and i'ven't got any :(( but it's interesting to check it and find the answer would you plz do it i mean to compare my design of propeller to your idea in case of blowing :)) pixel "Rebecca Taylor" <arellcat@NOSPAMyahoo.com> (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: hovercraft

Ok, just saw the pics. ...and you did it with a LEGO propeller ! WOW! :) (...) I think I'll have to make a much more flexible and long "skirt" like yours. Mine was half short and more rigid, so that's why it leaks more air. I'm also trying first to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) I've never seen a Technic hovercraft before, and for some reason I'd never thought about it. I like the idea a lot! The model looks similar to the SR-N1 that Saunders-Roe built, and even more similar to their concept model: (URL) of course (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The "return" of Town in 2003

Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:H6Cq0B.EM0@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) every (...) them (...) hubs (...) I still have a large Britains farm set in the roof. It seems odd Lego have never really done much (outside Duplo) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) i've got it on my disk so tell me where to put it :)) (...) new ver is much bigger but according to steve's words biger hovercraft should need less pressure so maybe 9V will be enough (...) my pleasure :) it's the effect of our talk here so (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: hovercraft

eheh :) so finally someone here made it ! Cool :) (...) That'd be cool to see. Please, tell us the final URL when you have it :) (...) I'm still trying with 9V, eh :) (...) I spent a couple of hours this past friday night, testing. I'll have to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The "return" of Town in 2003

(...) My sisters son (7 years) goes nuts when he se tractors so Yes! I think this depends heavily on where you grow up, in a city there is not a lot of farm vehicles but on the country side... Perhaps it's time to do a farmers walk :) Best regards, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) Some of my Technic LEGO is about 20 years and still good to go, colors fading and scratch marks but still highly usable. (...) Depends on how it's done. If it cracks; Yes :) Considering your axles are also bent indicates too much stress. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) Try Brickshelf: (URL) you can, please convert the files to mpeg since mov-files is not supported by default on most computers. (...) Hey, I'm surprised it flies at all. The LEGO motor has only 0.007 HP on 9V. (...) Agreed! "Real" hovercrafts (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) Wow! I never thought Lego could fly ...and less if the propellers are traditional plates... I gotta buy a motor and add "drive" (horizontal motion) to the hovercraft (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

Ok I have been thinking "what did I do wrong?" and I think the biggest efforts my axle joiners have been doing were when I used them for trying to make a working front suspension with no specialized parts (consider the steering link as specialized, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact