 Technic / 8555
RE: hovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:14:42 GMT

eheh :) so finally someone here made it ! Cool :)

pixel wrote:
now i think it's time to present you
my application of as pure as possible lego hovercraft
http://republika.pl/pixsrv/lego/hovercraft/

I'm without WEB right now, but I'll go to this URL ASAP! :)

i've got 5 movies in mov format
but my site is too small
so if someone has some room for my movies...
all of them have 19.3M

That'd be cool to see.
Please, tell us the final URL when you have it :)

the only one tricky point is power
i use here 12V instead of 9V
sorry about that but maybe next version will need only 9V

I'm still trying with 9V, eh :)

i spent whole night from fri to sat
and at exactly 7:00 hovercraft starts flying

I spent a couple of hours this past friday night, testing. I'll have to
improve the "skirt" around the hexagonal 16x16 base I made, with an
hexagonal 10x10 hole in the middle, an "old" 9V LEGO motor and a non-LEGO
propeller (with a diameter +/- 11x11).

My first tests made me happy. For now, I'm using a simple plastic "skirt"
but it's not very air tight. I'll have to work on that.
Anyway, it looked like it would be possible after all to make LEGO "fly"...
and now, you proved it ! YEAH! :)

1. no calculation has been done
2. no measurement has been done
that is the real fun with lego

Yes, that's really it !

I also made some tests with horizontal thrust, and I made a 3 wheel "car"
with 3 "old" 9V motors + non-LEGO propellers, move =)
I'll have to get back to this thrust thing as soon as my hovercraft "flies"
first ;)

best regards to all hovercraft builders
paul pixel kleniewski

Thxs Pixel !!! Good job ! :)