 Storage / 799
Re: Storage and Sorting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:18:00 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Frank Filz writes:
Richard W. Schamus (legoman34) wrote:

In lugnet.storage, Jeff Stembel writes:
Well, after not having sorted in about a year, I decided to plunge into it and
try to clear out much of my backlog.  That was about a month and a half ago,
and I am still not finished...  I doubt I've hit the halfway point, actually...
Word to the Wise:  Don't put off sorting.  ;)
<snip>
Jeff

What do you think I've been up to for the past 6 months. Even with sorting 2
hours a day, everyday, I'm still buried in brick. EEEEEEEEEEK!

Heh, what do you think I've been doing for almost two years now??? I
think I only had all my sets sorted or built for about the first few
months<snip>

What I can do is agree with Larry that at the 500k level, you hit a
point where managing the collection is extremely difficult. The past few
months have had almost every final sorting stage result in a cascade of
overflowing of containers (oops, those no longer fit in a quart bag,
gee, with everything that's expanded, all those bags no longer fit in
that tub, ooh, now where does the new tub go?). There was a
pre-Christmas cascade which cascaded boxes beyond 4 per set into the
trash.

I'm having the same problem, though my solutions are slightly differant.

What's unfortunate is that it is impossible for me to have an accurate
brick count. I failed to consider that I should count the number of
parts in random parts lots. <snip>
I'm in the same boat as far as part count goes. My personal preferance is to
only count what I can count; actual sets with "official" piece counts.
Anything extra is just that, extra. Nice to have, but it's uncounted for me.

Of course I exaggerate my perdicament by having my particular part-time job.
I can't walk out of the place without having something to take home. It's a
sad state of affairs that I can't, nay, wont say no.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****